Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 2 of Collaboration - Politics

Today I had my first run in with maintaining autonomy as artist. While I am aware of what that means to me, I found myself in a conversation with the director of my CBO saying "...and as a volunteer .... I'll have check with my lawyer about our political position on that." And that's when I knew I must have miss communicated something about this partnership. I now need to figure out how to better explain the partnership I am creating between organization and artist.

I'm feeling a little pressured to begin the projects and get things rolling (only 9 weeks left); however, I think it will take at least another week or two of conversations to get to a common goal secured. I am hoping to arrange a meeting with the whole staff, as they will be my community, and as to have feed back from more people. I look forward to hearing the needs of the doctors and staff, and sharing my ideas with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment