Monday, November 16, 2009

Staff Meeting

Friday's meeting provided me with some great feedback from the staff at the clinic. We discussed the ideas of the cart, the auction of medical services, revitalizing the thrift store through an art show, and the drawing of the insurance options.

I heard back from the Silverlake Art and Vintage Market, which is located across from the weekly market. They were interested, but said they were already too busy to allocate anytime into participating. However, they did say that it may be possible for them to contribute to an art show at the thrift store in February. So this is something to follow-up on. In the meantime, I'm working on gathering some artists from my neighborhood to contribute to an art show at the thrift store.

I realized that collaborating with the thrift store will actually be a more beneficial collaboration, due to the clinic's lack of time to participate. The store has asked me to paint their sign, as they are updating the store, and are more willing to participate in change. We have a meeting planned for Friday to discuss some options.

I am still waiting to hear back about the possibility of the clinic becoming a drop off center for weekly produce boxes. I'll be calling South Central Farmers this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment